Banking for the Community 2021 Nominees
- Action, Inc.
Action’s Mission is to improve the quality of life for low-income residents of Cape Ann. They provide: Advocacy and Housing; Compass Youth Program; Elder Home Care; Energy affordability programs; Emergency Homeless Shelter; Employment, Training and Education programs.
Click here to go to Action's website
- Backyard Growers
Backyard Growers is a grassroots organization helping to reshape Gloucester’s relationship with food. We provide support and resources to establish vegetable gardens at homes, housing communities, organizations, and schools. In the end, we create life-long gardeners inspired by the power of growing one’s own food.
Click here to go to Backyard Growers website.
- Cape Ann Animal Aid
Cape Ann Animal Aid is a non-profit, no kill organization dedicated to facilitating appropriate placement of adoptable animals and enhancing the lives of all companion animals by promoting respect through education, outreach and well-being.
Click here to go to Cape Ann Animal Aid's website
- Care Dimensions
Dedicated to helping those affected by life-limiting illness to live each day as fully and comfortably as possible, Care Dimensions meets the needs of the whole person by integrating physical, emotional, social and spiritual support.
Click here to go to their website.
- Educational Foundation for Rockport (the)
The primary mission of the Foundation is to manage funds in support of all fields of study in the Rockport schools, including science, technology, arts and the humanities. Donations support innovative, pilot projects that the school has deemed important to supplement the current curriculum and the Foundation’s general endowment for future endeavors.
Click here to go to their website.
- Essex Shipbuilding Museum (the)
The Mission of the Essex Historical Society Shipbuilding Museum is to provide a center for education, preservation, and study of traditional Essex shipbuilding and the community that supported it. We value the skills, creativity, learning abilities, and connectedness to their environment of the Essex shipbuilders, and we believe that building a clear understanding and appreciation of their unique craftsmanship serves as a valuable model for us today.
Essex Shipbuilding Museum
- Friends of the Manchester Council on Aging, Inc.
- By keeping our elders as integral members of the community and supporting them through community services, resources and intergenerational activities, The Friends of Manchester Council on Aging endeavor to improve their well-being and enjoyment of life.
Friends of Manchester Council on Aging
- Generous Gardeners
- Generous Gardeners was founded by Susan Kelly and Terese O’Connell in 2011 as a plant donation/swapping website. The organization evolved into a group of volunteers with the mission of philanthropy through gardening and was reincorporated as a 501(c)3 non-profit in 2014. We currently care for 29 public spaces in Gloucester, Massachusetts. Most of our plants are donated by our volunteers, but we also purchase plants with funds from our annual Gloucester Garden Tour and private donations.
Click here to go to the Generous Gardeners website
- Gloucester Education Foundation
- Since 2005, this non-profit organization has sponsored new and innovative programs as well as provided support for programs that had been eliminated or significantly curtailed due to cutbacks.
- Ipswich Animal Shelter
- Ipswich Humane Group is a non-profit group that assists Ipswich Animal Control to enable a no-kill animal shelter for the Town of Ipswich. IHG is 100% donation funded. 100% unpaid volunteer run.
Click here to go to Ipswich Humane Group's website
- Ipswich Caring
- Ipswich Caring is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization that relies on charitable donations from individuals, foundations and local businesses to fulfill its mission. For more than forty years, Ipswich Caring has been a volunteer Board of Directors with a singular goal and commitment to assist Ipswich families in need. With the dedication and generous support of more than 200 volunteers each year, Ipswich Caring provides financial and in-kind support to youth, adults and families through a variety of programs and services.
Click here to go to the Ipswich Caring website
- Ipswich Dinner Bell
- Knowing that hunger presents itself both physically and relationally, the Ipswich Dinnerbell is a non-profit cooperation of Churches and Community organizations that exists with a shared love of God and neighbor to serve hot, nutritious meals, free to all who come, and create a mealtime atmosphere of fellowship with one another.
Click here to go to the Ipswich Dinner Bell's website
- Open Door (the)
The Open Door's mission is to alleviate hunger in the communities of Cape Ann. They provide free meals and food, advocacy, job skills training and job placement.
Click here to go to the Open Door's website
- Rose Baker Senior Center
A Senior Citizen’s Center that provides services of nutrition, health, recreation, transportation, information, and referral programs to the elderly of Gloucester. The Rose Baker Senior Center gives great care and opportunities to the senior citizens of Cape Ann.
Click here to go to the Gloucester Council on Aging website
- Essex Senior Center / Council on Aging
- Essex Senior Center is an independent corporation whose purpose is to raise money for programs for all Essex seniors by way of membership dues and fund raising.
- Schooner Adventure (The)
The mission of The Gloucester Adventure, Inc. is to:
- Restore and preserve the Schooner Adventure for the enrichment of future generations and their love of the sea
- Enable the Schooner Adventure to serve as a community resource for educational programming focusing on maritime, cultural, and environmental issues
- Operate the Schooner Adventure at sea as a living symbol of America’s maritime heritage”
- Seaside Sustainability
We believe that the well-being of environment, society, and economy are equally important for sustainability. Therefore, we endeavor to create prosperity in all three aspects at the same time through our work.
Click here to go to the Seaside Sustainability website
The mission of SeniorCare, Inc. is to provide and coordinate services to elders, enabling them to live independently at home and remain part of their community. They serve residents of Gloucester, Essex, Beverly, Hamilton, Wenham, Ipswich, Manchester-by-the-sea, Rockport and Topsfield.
Click here to go to Senior Care website
- Three Sisters Garden Project
- The Three Sisters Garden Project has created an agricultural program that integrates sustainable farmland stewardship, food-based community engagement and education.
Click here to go to Three Sisters Garden website
Wellspring inspires families and adults on the North Shore to achieve employment and financial security through stable housing, education, job training and career readiness.
Click here to go to wellspring website